Sunday, May 27, 2007

Who is Taylan Brooks?

Ok, so I get asked this all the time (because most people know that my name is Sherry). Here is the story behind the name...
My name is Sherry Schluchter (pronounced shluck-ter). I love my husband to death, but the last name...well, it's a mouthful. It's difficult to pronounce & spell. I know because I am asked to spell it and pronounce it about a dozen times a day! When I decided to start my photography business, I was faced with the decision of picking a name. Not just any old boring name, but a name that would stand out, a name that had personal meaning, and above all else, a name that was easy to prounounce & spell. Oh, and it had to be unique - allowing me to buy the Internet domain name. So, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to lose the "Schluchter" name (for business that is), and start fresh. Picking a business name was important - very important. I thought long and hard and decided that I would somehow use my kid's names to create a name. After much playing around, I came up with Taylan Brooks - after my children, Taylor, Nolan & Brooke.
So, there you have it. I love the name! It's unique, easy to pronounce & spell, and most important, it has personal meaning!!

No comments: